Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Time is making me think

Once again, I have let this blog lead to a cold trail and finally die. But I'm here once again to revive it! So what's up with me...

My 30th birthday is around the corner. I booked the venue for my "extravaganza" as Abby would call it and I'm finalizing some details for it. I honestly don't know how I feel about hitting the big 3-0. I was talking to some of my co-workers about it today, and I think about the party, and I'm excited, but what does turning 30 really mean? Does that mean I cannot wear my basketball jerseys out without being judged? So am I officially an adult then? I guess that is ok. I'm kind of eased into that idea as is. Of course I don't have a child yet, but I have many friends that do now, so I can observe from the outside for now. I'm a pretty scared of that idea, but I definitely do want to have children. When? I don't know yet. I know I am scared [vulnerable moment coming up] of what happened with me and my dad and how he died before he could see me really grow up. Of course if he didn't pass away when I was younger, I probably wouldn't have grown up as fast. So now, I just want to have kids already. Is it just the pressure of hitting 30 that is making me think like this? I don't know. I do know whenever it does happen I will be very very happy. But there are some things that have to get done first, like Jaz getting her driving license and maybe even us moving to a house, or maybe a new job? Hah...I guess I am already an adult.

While I'm at it, I might as well go into what I posted today on Facebook: "The difficult thing is not becoming happy, the difficult thing is STAYING happy. What did you do today to stay happy?" Now this was not a direct message to anyone or anything going on in my life, but it was just something I was thinking about. It's just like working out. Sometimes losing weight is not the hard part...it's keeping it off that is more difficult. So everyday, I will see what I did to keep myself happy. I've got a good life, a good job, a great family, a wonderful wife, and the most loyal friends a guy can ask for. So one of the things that will keep me happy is to keep them happy. Today, I made sure everyone I could contact knew about the free gyro deal at a lot of restaurants in the Chicagoland area. Now I didn't actually go myself, but I hope everyone that I reached on twitter and Facebook went and enjoyed!

OK...off to bed for the night. Need to run tomorrow morning...need sleepy!

No comments: