Friday, April 09, 2010

Don't Be Down...

I just hate it when people I know are in a funk or are just having a bad day or a bad week. Of course I want the people around me to be happy and to enjoy life, and it is especially difficult for me to see friends go through tough times and there's nothing I can do either. Each individual deals with difficult situations in different ways. Some people need to talk about it and others keep it internal. As a friend, I always like helping people talk about it, but obviously only if they want to talk about their problems. In the same breath, it nearly kills my spirit when someone won't talk to me about their problems. I like to think that I am a good listener and can offer a shoulder at very least. As I am writing this, I realize that I am making other people's problems about me, and I don't mean it that way. I guess it is just my way to tell my friends that I will be here. Regardless of difficult the situation, I'll be here, even if you don't need me.

No comments: