Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Damn my speed...

On Sunday I was having a good game at the Postal league. Had about 11 points or so, FINALLY hitting my first free throw of the season, a bunch of rebounds, and a handful of steals. And then we were on defense and a guy drives to the hoop and I'm able to poke the ball out to our point guard, so then I just book. He tosses it to me and I realize that I probably won't be able to beat out the guy who was running back on D for the fast break. I saw Dennis streaking down the sideline so I was going to do my Magic Johnson one handed bounce pass from half court. When I wound up for the pass, I felt my leg pop. I was still able to make the pass, and Dennis scored, but then I hobbled off the court. I felt this pop before about two years ago and it was a pulled hamstring, so I knew what it was. As Abby would say "BALLS!"

I went to the doctor on Monday to find out that was indeed a pulled hamstring and there was no indication of any tear. So I was happy with that. Just need to lay off of it for the next two week which pretty much sucks because I've been pretty good about being active since the new year started trying to run at least once a week and playing ball on Wednesdays and Sundays. Guess I'll have to monitor my diet for now.

No comments: