Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Auggie Dog

My co-worker, Ken, has been talking about this thing called an Auggie Dog from a hot dog joint in Palatine named "Hot Dog Richies". Finally, Marisol, Ken, and I hit up this place yesterday. The reason he would talk about it because it's basically a heartattack dog. A hot dog wrapped in bacon, and then deep fried, and the smothered with melted cheese. Sounds good right?! Ken told us about this about a month ago and we always say that we need to go get one. We did yesterday and it was exquisite! I actually thought it would be greasier or something, but it was pretty good. The hot dog itself was real good, the bacon and cheese just added to it. I give it an 8 out of 10. 1 point deducted because there was only 1 layer of bacon wrapping the dog and another point because I didn't actually have a heartattack...well, I guess that's a good thing.

No comments: